Manly Snorkelling Tour
Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
Are you ready to explore Manly’s underwater world? Join one of our local expert marine guides on the Manly Snorkelling Tour and other guests
- Interpretive guided tour with an experienced local Manly Snorkelling tour guide
- Advanced Eco Tourism Certified nature experience
- 1 hour guided Manly Snorkelling Tour of Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
- All equipment and wetsuits included on the Manly Snorkelling Tour
- Safety brief and snorkel tips provided on the Manly Snorkelilng Tour (10mins)
- Headland nature walk with great views of the Northern Beaches (30mins) – Approx 800m with easy gradient
- Experience Australia coastal culture with local marine expert
- Learn about the diverse wildlife of the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- Small group tour maximum 8 people
- Choice of masks wetsuits included
- Search for the endangered species like famous Blue Groper’s in their natural habitat
- Snorkel while you try to identify the 200 + other fish species, invertebrates and algae’s of the area
- Discover the Australian coastal culture of Manly from your local guide through stories
- Visit famous Manly Beach and Shelly Beach
- Whale spotting on Headland Walk from May November/Coastal birds all year
Duration: 2 hour Manly Snorkel Tour
Group Tour Pricing from
- Adult $79pp
- Child $69pp
- Family $250 (2 adults, 2 kids(8-14) $250
Group Manly Snorkelling Tours session times, Check calendar for available dates:
- 10am-12pm (All year)
- 2pm-4pm (Oct-April)
- 1:30pm (May-Sep)
Minimum of 2 and maximum of 8 people (larger groups available by request). The Private Manly Snorkelling Tour option is always available if you would prefer a private tour experience. Child tickets must be accompanied by an adult.
Click to view Cabbage Tree Bay Marine habitat map CTB marine habitat map
Cleaning of gear – Cost price snorkel mask at the moment
All our gear is cleaned and disinfected. If you do want to buy your own gear we are offering cost price snorkel masks for you. Must be ordered 48hrs before tour date. Basic masks start from $20.
“It was our first attempt with snorkelling and my wife was a bit scared. But when we met Nerissa [our guide and instructor], all the worries faded away. She first took us for the walking tour and explained a few interesting facts about native animals. Then came the most exciting part of the trip. We learned how to use gears, how to swim and walk with the fins on, how to breathe with the mask on. First few minutes we were a bit uncertain but then we followed the instructions and it was easy and slowly we started enjoying. It was almost an hour of snorkelling. Nerissa helped us to spot various fish. We enjoyed the trip and probably found a new hobby. Thanks to EcoTreasures.”
Join ECOTREASURES on the small group Advanced Eco Tourism Certified Manly Snorkeling Tour of the Cabbage Tree Bay (NO TAKE) Aquatic Reserve. First your experienced and passionate local expert Sydney Snorkel tour guide will give you a great idea of what native marine life to keep your eye out for as well as educate you about native wildlife, Australian environments, heritage and the culture of Sydney on your headland nature walk.
Then you can cool off by snorkelling in the calm, clear waters off Shelly Beach, Manly on Sydney’s Northern beaches. See Australia’s diverse marine wildlife in their natural habitat within the sea grass meadows, sandy bottom, and rocky reefs of protected Cabbage Tree Bay at Aquatic Reserve. Easy introduction lessons are available for beginners and foam floating noodles are provided for extra safety. TheManly Snorkeling Tour is suitable for beginner and experienced snorkelers!
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM 50 METERS FREESTYLE UN-ASSISTED, FLOAT AND TREAD WATER TO JOIN THE GROUP TOUR. SWIM TEST CONDUCTED AT THE START OF TOUR. BE SAFE AND KNOW YOUR LIMITS IN THE WATER. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO GROUP TOUR IF YOU CAN’T SWIM. BOOK PRIVATE TOUR IF YOUR NOT A STRONG SWIMMER
How to book:
Click on the live calendar above or the availability tab on the left side of this page to check group tour available dates and to make your booking online. You will receive a confirmation email with meeting directions after you payment has been processed. To book a Private Snorkel Tour click on link to reserve your spot. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0415 121 648
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes for headland walk and flip flops/sandals to wear for walk from car park to beach and leave on beach when we snorkel
- Swimming gear/swim suit
- Refillable drink bottle
- If you have never snorkelled before or need some fresh tips, please watch our Snorkelling tips short video with Damien before the tour.
- Your valuables will be secure and lock in our vehicle when we go in the water
Photo packages available shot with GoPro:
Gopro Hire $30: You can hire the GoPro and you can take as many shots as you like. You will need to download the Gopro app to your smart phone before the tour. After the tour you can use the GoPro app to download the images directly to your phone. Select GoPro hire when booking your tour in the shopping cart. No internet or data connection is required for the download on to the app.
Additional 1 hour rental $15pp
You can stay in the water for an additional 1 hour from 12pm-1pm after the morning snorkel tour. This option is only suitable for confident snorkeler as you will be self guided and un supervised.
How to get to Shelly Beach Manly:
From Manly Wharf walk through Manly village and along beach front to Shelly Beach or 5 min taxi from Manly Wharf
If driving go to car park at end of Bower st. If you need any extra help please feel free to ask our friendly staff via email email@example.com or call 0415 121 648
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM 50 METERS FREESTYLE UN-ASSISTED, FLOAT AND TREAD WATER TO JOIN THE TOUR. SWIM TEST CONDUCTED AT THE START OF TOUR.
After you book please go to the ECOTREASURES home page to view the other Sydney Eco Tours we offer.
The Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is located at Shelly Beach, Sydney which is only minutes from world famous Manly Beach. Shelly Beach aspect faces West which protects the location from a lot of swell on the East Coast of Australia. The sheltered habitats of rocky reefs, sea grass meadows and sandy bottom are home to a range of resident and transient marine species. Map from Fisheries
The Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is a “NO TAKE” marine zone which was established in 2002. No fishing of any kind, or taking any species including shells is permitted. Fines apply for any breaches of these laws. The protection of the area has been a very successful conservation management strategy. We can now all enjoy seeing the range of species in the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve located only 30mins from Sydney city.
Manly also has a vibrant coastal village atmosphere and nature walk trails. Sydney Harbour National Park website lists all the local walks in the area. For any tips or travel advice while visiting Manly please email our office firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0415 121 648. With our local expertise we can help you plan and book other tours in Sydney for you.