Duke of Ed Exploration Adventurous Journey
Firstly what is an Adventurous Journey?
Adventurous Journey section encourages a sense of adventure and discovery whilst undertaking a team journey or expedition. As part of a small team, participants plan, train for and undertake a journey with a purpose in an unfamiliar environment.
What is Exploration?
- the action of exploring an unfamiliar area
- thorough examination of a subject
ECOTREASURES Duke of Ed Exploration Adventurous Journey is a unique opportunity for your Duke of Ed program to be exciting and educational. Located in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park on Sydney’s Northern Beaches the program is very accessible.
Name: Citizen Science Program Wildlife/Weather Observation & Survey
Landscape: Coastal Waterways, Beach, Bush & Estuary
Location: Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park/Pittwater/Palm Beach
Accomodation: Base Camp is at the Basin Campground, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Trail location: Narrabeen Lagoon & Coastline
Duke of Ed Adventurous Journeys Programs available
Bronze and Silver
- Stand up paddle survey of Basin estuary
- Kayak from West Head across Pittwater to Palm Beach
- Climb Barrenjoey Head to Light House
- Whale/Coastal bird survey from Barrenjoey Head
- Snorkel Sea Grass Beds and Sand flats and fish ID
- Rock tidal platform investigation
- Bush hike and flora and fauna survey
- Low tide solider crab march observation
- Nigh spotting wildlife walk
- Weather observation/forecasting and recording
Tools/equipment Provided by ECOTREASURES:
- Stand up paddle boards
- Life Jackets
- Wetaher apps
- Plant ID charts/apps
- Wildlife ID charts/apps
Recommended equipment list
- Sleeping mats
- Cooking and kutchen gear
ECOTREASURES has camping equipment hire available at the Basin Campground. To reserve gear please go to Camping Hire page and submit request for gear via email to email@example.com
Camping at the Basin Campground Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Shower block
- Ice for sale from NPWS
- BYO food
How do the students plan their Adventurous Journey Exploration?
We leave it up to the students to work together and plan their adventurous journey and their timetable of activities. Students must consider in planning the following.
The planning will include all aspects of the trip
- How long will each activity require?
- Food planning?
- Equipment planning – What to bring?
- First aid requirements
Once the group decide the plan for the adventurous journey exploration, we will provide feedback to help confirm all the details for the trip.
- Risk management plan will be provided for all adventurous journey exploration. ECOTREASURES guides will saprone the group to help them have a safe and confident journey.
- ECOTREASURES guides have first aid, working with children’s check and water safety certifications OSSCAR with Australian Professional Ocean Life Guard Association (APOLA)
Adventurous Journey Exploration inclusions
- Camping fees
- Kayaks and/or paddle boards
- ECOTREASURES guides supervising activities
- Pr trip information session
- Post trip de brief
Minimum and maximum of 7 people
Bronze 1 night/2 days $299 inc gst
Silver 2 nights/3 days $499 inc gst
To enquire about possible dates please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0415 121 648