Sydney to Ku-ring-gai Wildlife Adventure Tour
Paddle, Hike & Explore Australia’s 2nd oldest National Park and Sydney’s Northern Beaches coast
- Friendly experienced and informative local eco guide
- 1 hour Stand Up Paddle Board or Kayak Safari in calm estuary
- 5.5km Guided Bush Walk (Hike) in National Park
- Ancient ocean rock platform walk exploring the rock pools for tidal creatures
- Picnic lunch, snacks and refreshments
- National Park fees
- Pick up and drop off in comfortable air conditioned transport
- Tour photos
- Learn how to Stand Up Paddle Board/Kayak while your guide provides you helpful tips to improve your paddling stroke
- Search for fish species in the clear waters while you paddle and view local birds species flying overhead
- Bush walk in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park identifying native plants and Australia local wildlife including Wallabies, Sea Eagles, Kookaburras, Goannas, Lyre Birds plus more
- Investigate an ancient ocean rock platform for tidal creatures
- Explore and discuss the natural environment of Sydney
- Discover the cultural, colonial and bush ranger heritage of the area
- Climb up to Barrenjoey lighthouse instead of the paddle board/kayak tour if your group are not strong swimmers or don’t want to hit the water during colder months.
Meeting location: Private tours pick up at your accommodation or group tours pick up at Sydney CBD pick up point Wake Up Hostel.
Duration: 8 hours
Pricing: Adult $165, Children $109 (Minimum age 8yrs)
Minimum numbers to run tour 4, Maximum 10 per group (Larger groups available by request)
I did the Coastal Experience Tour with a group of Macquarie Uni exchange students last Friday and it definitely was one of the most amazing days I’ve had in Sydney so far. The places we visited were incredibly beautiful and Damian did an amazing job as a guide, being very professional on the one hand but also giving everybody the feeling that he was a one of their really good friends. Plus he’s a real source of tips about nice places to visit and cool things to do around Sydney. The trip itself was just the right combination of interesting input and fun acitivities and I’d definitely recommend it so anybody!!
ECOTREASURES Advanced Eco Tourism Certified Sydney to Ku-ring-gai Wildlife Adventure Tour invites you to experience nature right on Sydney city’s door step. You will discover beyond the city of Sydney, across Sydney Harbour Bridge and into the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Enjoy the short 1 hour travel time to Ku-ring- chase National Park from Sydney city to begin your high energy adventure tour with your local eco guide. Your local Sydney eco tour guide will help you search for Sydney’s native wildlife in their natural habitat, while guiding and instructing you in the different nature based adventure activities.
Your day begins by first visiting West head lookout, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park to enjoy the amazing view of Palm Beach, Pittwater, Broken Bay and beyond. Your local eco guide will introduce you to the area, to help you become immersed in your exciting and unique nature based adventure. Then you will start the 2.75km bush walk along the Basin Trail of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, West Head to the Basin Campground. The Basin campground is the best location in Sydney to spot Wallabies, Goannas, Sea Eagles and more native wildlife in the wild. The adventure continues on to the waterway, where you can choose to either Kayak or Stand Up Paddle board the tranquil and pristine Basin Estuary. Your experienced local eco guide will provide you with a safety brief and how to use the equipment and improve your paddling skills. Hear stories while you paddle and search for sting rays, many fish species and the iconic White Bellied Sea Eagles that nest in the Bay.
After the paddle bush walk back up the trail 2.75km to enjoy a picnic lunch and refreshments in the bush or by the beach. In the afternoon we will explore part of the Northern beaches coastline headlands and surf beaches. Learn about the ocean while watching the local surfers if the swell is up. The day is not done yet, you will continue your wildlife search and investigate the ocean rock platform tidal zone for wildlife like Octopus, Nudibranchs and much more in the rock pools with your local eco guide.
The Sydney to Ku-ring-gai Wildlife Adventure tour will allow you to become immersed in the Northern Beaches coastal lifestyle. Hear stories about Australia’s history before european settlement and the cultural and heritage of the local area of Ku-ring-gai Chase and the Pittwater area. Along the way you will identifying native flora and fauna, protected ancient aboriginal rock engravings and midden sites. ECOTREASURES combination of fun and unique interpretative nature and marine eco adventure activities creates a fun and unique experience Sydney’s Northern Beaches and Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
Main themes covered on the Sydney to Ku-ring-gai Chase Adventure Tour
- Marine adventures
- Colonial heritage
- Indigenous heritage
- Australia coastal culture
Pricing: Adult $165, Children $109 (Minimum age 8yrs)
How to book:
Dates are as requested for group of 4-8 people. Groups of 9 or more are available. Click on the availability calendar above or the tab on the left side of this page to check group tour available dates and to book online. Private tours available by request. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0415 121 648
What to bring:
- Swimming gear
- Re-fillable drink bottle
- Walking shoes
- Polarised sunglasses (with strap) to see through the water while paddling
Please go to the ECOTREASURES home page to view the other Sydney Eco Tours we offer
Must have moderate to good fitness level to enjoy the tour