School holiday programs & After school active kids
School holiday program
Marine Explorer – Shelly Beach Manly, Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
What will the kids do during the Marine Explorer program?
- Learn about water safety from guide trained by APOLA (Australian Professional Ocean lifeguard Association)
- Guided Snorkel adventure of the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
- Discover habitats of the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
- All snorkel gear, wetsuits included
- Expert eco guide will help the explorers identify marine species
- Kids will learn about human impacts of the aquatic reserve
- Have fun and learn about the positivity of conservation management
Kid ages 8yrs-13yrs
How long is the Marine explorers program?
There are 2 options
- We have 1.5hr session & dates and spaces are limited
- 9am-4pm full day program which includes more activities, nature walk, rock ramble explore. Dates and spaces are limited
What is the cost of the Marine explorer program?
- 1.5hr session $70pp
- Full day $130pp 9am-4pm
Group sizes maximum 6 per group – small groups
28th Sep 2002 – 1.5hr
- 1st Sessions 8:30am – 10am
- 2nd Session 11am- 12:30pm
- 3rd Session 1:30pn-3pm
30th Sep 2022 – Full day
Meeting spot – Shelly Beach
How to book
Book 1.5hr session via website link for full day program please email or call to book in 0415 121648 email@example.com
After school care
Active Kids 8 week program exploring the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
The active kids will swim, explore and exercise while they search for marine creatures. Swimming and snorkelling is a great activity to keeps kids active, fit and healthy. You can use your $100 Active Kids rebate voucher for the 8 week program.
The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids program. The Active Kids program provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year. Voucher 1 is valid January to December and Voucher 2 is valid July to December.The vouchers may be used with a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
8 week Active Kids Manly snorkel program includes:
- APOLA (Australian Professional Ocean lifeguard Association) trained guide in water safety, WWC, First aid
- Wetsuits or rash shirts
- Snorkeling mask, fins
- Water safety assessment each session
- Swimming each session
- Can bring own suit and gear if you prefer